Tourism is both an exciting and dynamic industry. For many countries, tourism is big business and it impacts on almost every other industry. Malaysia ranks among the Top 10 countries in the world for tourism. As the tourism industry is expanding in many countries, there is increased demand for qualified professionals who can help to provide a truly satisfying business travel or holiday experience.
Why Choose The Diploma In Tourism Management ?
The programme is specially designed to meet the increasing needs of the tourism and related industries including the airlines, entertainment, travel and tour, recreation parks, event management, accommodation, cruise ships as well as food and beverage services.
Combining theory and practice, the programme equips students with both conceptual and analytical skills. The curriculum includes an understanding of business, culture and professional studies to prepare graduates for global employment opportunities.
What To Expect From This Programme ?
During the course of the programme, you will be involved in practical work, training, field trips, (both inbound/domestic and outbound) planning and operation guided by lecturers. Key industry players will also be invited to present case studies in the classroom to further enhance your practical knowledge in this area.
- Learn about ticketing and packaging, tour leading, customer services and event management skills that are practical-oriented.
- Acquire specific skills to develop and promote domestic and regional tours with the opportunity to experience different cultures and norms.
- Develop excellent communication and customer skills and become a sought after service-minded graduate.
- Exposure to a good foundation in the areas business.
- Make regular field trips and industry visits to tourism-related establishments and master real-world knowledge.
SPM/ O-Levels/UEC or equivalent with a minimum of 3 credit
* Applicant with other qualifications are considered on a case-by-case basis